Tooth whitening (termed tooth bleaching when utilizing bleach), is either the restoration of a natural tooth shade or whitening beyond the natural shade.
Restoration of the underlying natural tooth shade is possible by simply removing surface stains caused by extrinsic factors, strainers such as tea, coffee, red wine and tobacco. The buildup of calculus and tartar can also influence the staining of teeth. This restoration of the natural tooth shade is achieved by having the teeth cleaned by a dental professional (commonly termed “scaling and polishing”), or at home by various oral hygiene methods. Calculus and
To whiten the natural tooth shade, bleaching is suggested. It is a common procedure in cosmetic dentistry, and a number of different techniques are used by dental professionals.
When to get you teeth whitened
- Generalized staining of teeth
- Extrinsic staining caused by smoking or diet
- White and brown spots
After whitening instructions includes :
- Brush or rinse mouth immediately after eating and drinking
- Floss to remove plaque
- Use whitening tooth paste once or twice a week to avoid surface stains
- Drink harsh beverages through a straw
- Do touch up treatments
Zoom Philips whitening :
There are two types of teeth whitening treatments available – Zoom Teeth Whitening System and Home Teeth Whitening Kits.
- Whiter, brighter smile in 45 minutes
- Fast, effective and safe
- Immediate Results – Up to 8 shades whiter
- Remove the most difficult stains
- Does not remove any tooth-surface
- Long-lasting results